1. The undersigned fully acknowledge that Team Jacksonville Association. (“Team Jacksonville”) is a non-profit, operating the Camp for non-commercial purposes and that Team Jacksonville is not a commercial activity provider.
2. The undersigned will instruct the minor participant to inspect the facilities and equipment to be used prior to participating in the Camp and, if he or she believes anything is unsafe, the minor participant will immediately notify Camp officials or a Team Jacksonville staff member of such condition and refuse to participate.
3. The undersigned, individually and on behalf of the minor participant, fully understand and acknowledge that:
(a) there are risks and dangers associated with participation in the Camp and related events and activities which could result in property damage, severe bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis, and death. These inherent risks and dangers cannot be avoided or eliminated, even if Team Jacksonville uses reasonable care in operating the Camp;
(b) there are risks and dangers that may be caused by the action, inaction or NEGLIGENCE of the minor participant or the action, inaction or NEGLIGENCE of others, including,
but not limited to, the Releasees named below;
(c) there may be other unknown risks or risks that are not reasonably foreseeable at this time; and
(d) the undersigned, on behalf of the minor participant, HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF DEATH, BODILY INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE as a result of the minor participant’s participation in the Camp, whether caused in whole or in part by the NEGLIGENCE of the Releasees or otherwise. The undersigned, on behalf of the minor participant, further acknowledge that the minor participant’s property could be damaged, and the minor participant could be injured or killed while participating in the Camp, because there are certain dangers inherent with cheerleading and related activities. These risks may include, but are not limited to, minor bruises, cuts, scrapes, and strains as well as more significant injuries such as concussions and other head injuries, muscle tears, broken and fractured bones, spinal injuries, eye
injuries, paralysis, and death.
4. The undersigned, individually and on behalf of the minor participant, as well as on behalf of my/our/the minor participant’s personal representatives, assigns, executors, heirs and next of kin (“Releasors”) hereby forever RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Team Jacksonville , its officers, employees, faculty, agents, attorneys, insurers, and officials (“Releasees”) from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, judgments, damages, expenses, fees, fines, penalties, losses, suits, proceedings, and costs thereof (including attorneys’ fees and court costs), in law or in equity, of any kind and nature, arising out of or relating to the Camp, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the NEGLIGENCE of the Releasees or other third parties related to the Camp, or in relation to the design, implementation, events,
activities, and facilities used during the Camp.
5. The undersigned, individually and on behalf of the minor participant, further expressly agree that this General Release, Waiver of Liability, and Assumption of Risk Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Florida Law and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the remaining balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
6. By signing below, the undersigned, individually and on behalf of the minor participant, acknowledge that I/we have read this General Release, Waiver of Liability, and Assumption of Risk Agreement and fully understand its terms, understand that I/we HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS AND THE SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS OF THE MINOR PARTICIPANT BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME/US AND INTEND MY/OUR SIGNATURE(S) TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.